This article deals with the hardcover and paperbak limited signed editions of Judge Dredd The Cursed Earth Uncensored, both published in 2017.
Let's begin with the hardcover edition:
|brand new Brian Bolland cover commissioned for this reprint|
Also, supplied separately with each order will be one of 250 limited edition A3 posters of the 'Burger Wars’ double page spread by artist Mike McMahon. This high resolution scan of the original black-and-white artwork will be delivered rolled, rather than folded, and is exclusive to the 2000 AD webshop!
|the A3 print|
|second of cover|
The book is printing on thick glossy paper, with a very high quality sewn binding. Second and third of cover displayed respectively the covers from the 1982 Titan edition published in two parts (cover for part one by Brian Bolland, and cover for part two by Mike McMahon). Two pictures below are for size comparison with former publications.
|third of cover|
|the book lays flat at any page|
|left hand side 1994 Titan books softcover edition, right hand side 2015 Hachette hardcover collection|
|left hand side Rebellion Complete Case File Vol 2, right hand side original 2000 AD #72 (one of the so called banned episode)|
|one of the new coloured spreads|
|one of the two new chapter breaks|
|to the right, the second new chapter break|
|coloured spread from the first banned episode|
|right hand side, coloured one-page opening from the second banned episode|
|I have always really like that one page|
Following the main story there are 19 pages of extra material. Here is the complete list:
- coloured prog covers from 2000 AD #61, 63, 66, 69, 72, 75, 77, 79, 83, 85
- a B&W illustration from Brian Bolland uses as opening page for the 1994 Titan reprint, and three B&W poster illustrations
- coloured Tweak Star-scan from 2000 AD #83 by Brian Bolland
- virgin cover illustration for this reprint by Brian Bolland
- IPC retractation strip illustrated by Brett ewins, published in 2000 AD #84
- a two pages Cursed Earth B&W map
|to the right, opening page for the 1994 Titan Book reprint|
|one of the three Brian Bolland poster illustrations|
|IPC retractation script|
The book finished with the creators mini bio. This edition is also described here.
Now let's take a look at the paperback edition:
This paperback edition have been published by Rebellion in December 2017 (ISBN: 978-1-78108-569-1, 11 x 8 1/3 inches or 28 x 21 cm, £19.99 cover price). In addition to the picture that opens this article, here is another size/design comparison between the two editions (the spines for instance):
|TPB edition on the top|
|to the right, the A4 B&W signed and numbered print|
The main contain and extra section is quite identical to the hardcover edition, but there are a few differences worth pinpointing here:
- main cover for each edition are exclusive, and are reprinted in virgin form in their respective edition
- second and third of cover of the paperback do not features the 1982 two parts Titan edition covers
- the two pages cursed earth map is not included but instead, prog covers of 2000 AD #74 and #82 have been included
|to the left cover for 2000 AD #74|
|to the right cover of 2000 AD #82|
Notice that the London Forbidden Planet store have proposed (and still are perhaps) the regular edition of this TPB with a limited A5 colored signed print (I don't know how many of these prints a have been produced).
|Forbidden Planet advertising|
|picture from an ebay listing|