Today let's take a look at Daredvil Born Again Marvel Premiere Classic line (as #19, collection edited by Mark D. Beazley). Published in 2009 by Marvel (ISBN: 978-0-7851-3655-2, 10.3 x 7.5 inches or 26 x 19 cm, 250 pages, cover price $24,99$$), it is printed on glossy quality paper.
Pictures of this article and ISBN refers to one of the 1229 copies of the limited variant cover edition. Regular edition (below) differs by its ISBN (978-0-7851-3480-0) and its illustrated jacket, the inner book being exactly the same.
|I don't own the regular version|
The inner book comes with a black faux-leather hardcover, second and third of covers are not illustrated.
|back cover is plain black|
After the credits pages, we find the 1987 Ralph Macchio introduction, followed by the main material. Each original issue cover is displayed. This edition collects Daredevil #226-233.
Issue #226, which script is credited to both Frank Miller and Denny O'Neil, and art is credited to both David Mazzucchelli and Dennis Janke, is not part of the Born Again arc and is printed at the end after Frank Miller short afterword dated 1987.
The comprehensive extra section (45 pages) features:
- cover, cover original transparency and back cover of the 1987 TPB, including the 7th print cover with slight differences
- all virgin recolored covers of original issues (as published in the 1987 TPB)
- daredevil #232 original page 6 before art correction
- 24 pages of Mazzucchelli's pencils layouts
- the entirety of issue #233 script (9 pages)
|cover and back cover of the 1987 TPB|
|virgin cover of issue #231|
|virgin cover of issue #233 and re-worked page 6 of issue #232|
|pencils and layouts|
|issue #233 script|